Archive for the 'Plug' Category
If you have been paying attention, you may have noticed that the United States government has reached a level of [choose your favorite] stupidity, ludicrousness, lack of institutional memory, brazen disregard for anything resembling reality, inferred hallucinogenic drug use, soul crushing asshattery, and intelligence insulting rhetoric that has surpassed any and all measure. I lament for our descendants and am redefining the upper bound of contemptuousness for the Federalist system.
Case in point, as beautifully and satisfyingly portrayed on Mr. Stewart’s lovely show:
I hope there will be a return to accountability and common sense within my lifetime. I also hope to live forever. I think the chances for both are just about equal.
BONUS: Pictures from the conflict zone taken by a local. [EnglishRussia.com]
It’s a plug for his new movie, but some of the props and effects hit a little close to home. Jubi Show watchers will know what I mean.
In my capacity of general community media support and a bit of Telecommunications Commissioner, I was in attendance at the ACM-Midwest’s annual conference held at the lovely Columbia College in Chicago.
I’m in the video below (web video guy).
I got to talking a little fast. Sorry.
Radoslav Lorkovic, a current client of my website design business, and a former brother-in-law, was recently on the Tavis Smiley show performing with folk legend Odetta. I thought it best to share. Follow the Youtube links after the video for more Odetta, and for more Radoslav, visit his site or his mySpace page.
Bump it, grind it, now side to side. Good. Friday! Newsish! Do it!
- House panel votes to extend Net tax ban – I believe this to be a good thing…we should have a bit better idea of direction in 4 years. Still has to be put into law, so keep an eye on it. UPDT- Here’s some more from Ars.
- Try to take away the ‘rights’ of underage patrons to drink, and you get a pretty decent organizational showing. Glad the City Council found a way to increase turnout. Note to Gazette photographers: Joe’s is a 21-only bar, so 18-20 yr olds can’t get in at all.
- New Wreck & Salvage is up, therein exposing us all to the current state of the AMERICAN MALE. We all await the State Department’s answer, especially on the issue of affirmative testicular action.
- Sticking it to l’homme: Canadian co-op forms own ISP – I think I am required to contact these guys.
- For Your Entertainment and Englightenment:
The Decembrists- 16 Military Wives
A little old, but a lot of good.
- Hayflick limit, Unihemispheric Slow-wave Sleep, New York Public Radio (WNYC) Archives – via a regreaser IM
Today’s Non-Existant Band Name: Injected Cognition