Radoslav Lorkovic, a current client of my website design business, and a former brother-in-law, was recently on the Tavis Smiley show performing with folk legend Odetta. I thought it best to share. Follow the Youtube links after the video for more Odetta, and for more Radoslav, visit his site or his mySpace page.
Archive for January, 2008
Here’s a pile o’ news for your discerning palate.
- Whistleblower DANIEL ELLSBERG, the 2007-2008 Distinguished Lecturer, January 28th, 7:30 pm, Hancher Auditorium. He’s the Pentagon Papers guy.
- AT&T: Pair Bonded DSL ‘Late 2008’ and Qwest Testing Line Bonded DSL. Both companies decided it was better to milk the copper they had instead of laying new fiber optics [a la Fiber to the Home], and this is about the only way they would be able to deliver television signals, especially HD signals, over their existing copper lines.
- Cable Cos are challenging the recent FCC decision to regulate exclusive contracts between Cable Cos and MDUs (multiple dwelling units). With the market deregulation of both phone and cable and the upcoming ‘format war’ over how you receive your communications (fiber, coax, or copper?), these exclusive agreements are some prized possessions.
- Immigration officials detaining, deporting American citizens, reads the headline. The choice quote:
“The burden of proof is on the individual to show they’re legally entitled to be in the United States,” said ICE spokeswoman Kice.
- Dominique Douglas [Iowa Footballer] gets a deferred judgement
- A cute picture [it’s Alicia’s cousin’s son]
Good to be back, more as I find it
and I hope to write more soon, but I have yet to come up with a unifying theme of thought.
So instead, let’s increase your vocab: moral panic
Also, played “Rock Band” on PlayStation for the first time yesterday. Interesting game, dangerously addictive. Our band is “The Punty Mutts”. Look for our CD to drop… 😉